VA Portland Health Care System
About the Program
VAPORHCS Specialty Care Patient Program includes the full array of medical, surgical and anesthesiology specialties. Specialty Services are primarily offered at VAPORHCS with limited scope provided at Vancouver, Wash., Bend, Ore. and Hillsboro, Ore. Campuses. Using the latest technology, we deliver the highest quality specialty care in a teaching environment. VAPORHCS is working to integrate specialty care services as a special needs medical home into the Patient Aligned Care Team concept (PACT).Specialty Care Patient Program includes all of the surgical specialties as well as neurology, radiation, oncology, and audiology.
Liver and Renal Transplant Program
VAPORHCS serves as a national referral site for Provides liver and kidney transplantation services. Patients are lodged before and after their surgeries in the Transplant Lodging Facility on the Vancouver campus. Patients reside in this new state-of-the-art community living facility with all the amenities of home. Family members are able to live with the patient during their pre and post transplant surgeries.By involving the patient in the decision-making process for select procedures, we make the patient an equal partner in successful outcomes.
Our specialty care line includes the following services —
- Surgical specialties: general & vascular surgery, urology, gynecology, liver & renal transplant, orthopedics, otolaryngology, neurosurgery, plastic surgery and cardiothoracic surgery. Portland VA is one of the top five VA surgical programs by volume.
- Medical specialties: endocrinology, cardiology, rheumatology, gastroenterology/ hepatology, hematology/oncology, nephrology, geriatrics, pulmonary, infectious Disease and hospital medicine.
- VAPORHCS’s Cardiac Cath lab serves as the single VISN 20 resource for electrophysiology procedures
- Neurology Services offers general neurology as well National Centers of Excellence in Epilepsy, Parkinson’s and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Dental Service offers a full spectrum of dental subspecialty care.
- National referral center for renal and liver transplant
- Comprehensive Women’s Health Program
- Dermatology – medical and surgical
- Radiation oncology
1st, 2nd and 8th floors
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm