VA Portland Health Care System
About the Program
The Portland VA Medical Center offers Veterans a full array of services to meet their primary care needs. With more than 60 dedicated providers serving Veterans at 10 sites of care, including eight Community Based Clinics from the Northern Coast to Bend, the Portland VA strives to be Veterans’ provider of choice for their healthcare needs.
Contact your primary care physician if you need any of these or other services —
- cancer screening
- high cholesterol treatment
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) treatment
- diabetes prevention and treatment
- flu vaccine and nasal mist
- high blood pressure prevention and treatment
- treatment for obesity
- osteoporosis treatment
- prostate disease prevention and treatment
- smoking cessation
Primary Care Clinical Pharmacy Specialists
The pharmacist provider is a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist who works with the Primary Care team to:
- Manage your chronic medical issues by prescribing and adjusting medications.
- Review all of your medications for drug interactions and proper dosing.
- Answer medication related questions.
- Review and discuss lab results, allergies and medications.
- What you should bring with you to your appointment;
- Why you would be scheduled for a Primary Care pharmacist provider appoinment;
- What your Primary Care pharmacist provider can do during for you during an appoinment;
- How to contact your Primary Care Team.
- Bldg 104
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.