VA Portland Health Care System
About the Program
The Pharmacy Service Mission is to provide Veteran-centric pharmaceutical care that improves outcomes through a commitment to innovation, education, and collaboration. Medication Safety and quality are top priorities for VAPORHCS as evidenced by having an active Medication Safety Program in place since 1987. The VA Portland Health Care System pharmacy processes more than 5,000 prescriptions daily. Many of these prescriptions are filled by the Central Mailout Pharmacy (CMOP). Prescriptions may be refilled by phone or the Internet.
Portland Outpatient Pharmacy Hours
(New! as of February 4, 2018)
7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Tuesdays
8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Saturdays, Sundays
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Holidays
Vancouver Outpatient Pharmacy Hours
Monday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday & Friday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Inpatient Pharmacy (inpatient hospitalized Veterans only)
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Automated Refill Line
An automated refill line is available for all Portland VAMC patients. Please call one of the following numbers —
- 503-273-5201 (Portland area)
- 1-888-400-8387(from outside the Portland area)
- After you have dialed the number, wait for the automated attendant to answer.
- Enter your entire social security number, then press the # key. Wait for an answer.
- Press 2, then wait for an answer.
- Press 1, then wait for an answer.
- Enter the prescription number, then press the # key. Wait for an answer.
- To refill additional prescriptions, press 1 and repeat the process.
If you are using the automated refill line, all refills should be ordered at least ten days prior to when the refill is due to insure prompt processing and delivery time.
Prescriptions may also be filled online using VA's My HealtheVet program. You will need a user id and password to log in. If you do not have one, you can easily get one by creating your personal profile.
Refills at Portland VAMC Pharmacy
All Veterans are encouraged to refill their prescriptions by phone or Internet. Because of our patient workload, prescriptions cannot be refilled at the main Portland VAMC pharmacy window.
Primary Care Clinical Pharmacy Specialists
The pharmacist provider is a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist who works with the Primary Care team to:
- Manage your chronic medical issues by prescribing and adjusting medications.
- Review all of your medications for drug interactions and proper dosing.
- Answer medication related questions.
- Review and discuss lab results, allergies and medications.
- What you should bring with you to your appointment;
- Why you would be scheduled for a Primary Care pharmacist provider appoinment;
- What your Primary Care pharmacist provider can do during for you during an appoinment;
- How to contact your Primary Care Team.
Please visit My HealtheVet for information about any prescription you may be taking.
For questions about Pharmacy billing please call 1-866-290-4618, closed Federal holidays.
Pharmacy Administration Office
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., closeed Federal Holidays
All of the above services, except for the inpatient pharmacy, are closed on all Federal holidays.
The Portland VA is proud to serve as a training site for several Pharmacy Residents annually.
Click on the brochure to find out more about our Pharmacy program in the 2015 Pharmacy Annual Report.
Page updated February 8, 2018
Portland Outpatient Pharmacy - Bldg 100, first floor
Vancouver Outpatient Pharmacy
Hours of Operation
Portland; 7:30-8 p.m. M, W, Thrs, F; 9- 8 p.m. Tues; 8-6 p.m. S/S, and 8-5 p.m. on holidays
Vancouver - see page for individual days and times