VA Portland Health Care System
If you qualify for VA health care, you can get high-quality mental health services as part of your benefits. You may also be able to get care for certain mental health problems even if you don't have VA health care.
Being in a state of good health is not just the absence of disease, but having both physical and mental well-being. Through the services that VA Portland Health Care System (VAPORHCS) offers through its Mental Health and Neurosciences Division, we aim to treat all Veterans completely. A full range of services from individual and group appointments, to treatment programs and therapy options for all Veterans is offered and available at VAPORHCS:
Hepatitis C Treatment
Multiple Sclerosis Center of Excellence
Parkinson's Disease Research, Education & Clinical Center (PADRECC)
About the Mental Health Program
The Mental Hhealth service VAPORHCS provides includes consultation, evaluation, and treatment for a variety of issues that can impact emotional well-being.
We conduct research and training to ensure state-of-the-art treatment.
Mental Health services provided at VAPORHCS include treatments for —
- depression, sadness, grief
- anxiety, worry, nervousness
- addictive behaviors
- relationship problems
- stress from medical problems and/or pain
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- emotional problems, such as managing anger
- vocational issues
- troublesome thoughts or ideas
- confused thinking
- aggressive or self-harming behaviors
- memory problems
- For more than 10 years, the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) has partnered with the VA across the nation and with VA Portland Health Care System to bring valuable classes to family members of Veterans. Click HERE to see all the information related to classes offered within VAPORHCS and our partners at NAMI.
We also provide outreach to homeless veterans.
Mental health services are confidential. We will not talk to anyone about information you share unless you give written consent. Under federal law, a few exceptions to this rule exist. If you have questions, please ask your mental health consultant.
- Bldg 104, Floor P2
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm