VA Portland Health Care System
VA is providing the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccines, as authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Supply varies by facility. Get more information about COVID-19 vaccines at VA.
We are working to vaccinate as many eligible individuals as quickly as possible.
Easier access to vaccines and more people eligible
VA is adding walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations at all VA facilities and outpatient clinics that offer COVID-19 vaccines. Please check hours for vaccination clinics.
Congress has passed a law which allows us to offer COVID-19 vaccines to the following groups who are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine:
- Spouse of a Veteran
- Caregivers of a Veteran
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
If you don't receive care at VA, we encourage you to pre-register online at least one hour before you go, to save time when you arrive. While at VA you will need to wear a face mask, and physical distancing measures will be in place. For more about vaccinations at VA, visit: www.va.gov/covidvaccine.
Note: Your employer, pharmacy, or local public health officials may offer you a COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to take the first opportunity you have to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you.
VA Portland Health Care System
COVID Vaccine Details;
As of Sept., 2021, VA Portland has given more than 75,000 COVID-19 vaccinations!
- VA Portland is in the porocess of reaching out direct to those Veterans who are eligible/appropriate for a booster shot.
- More information will be shared as we move forward in providing booster shots more widely.
The SAVE LIVES Act was signed into law on March 24, and with it, VA Portland is authorized to give vaccinations to all Veterans, their spouses and caregivers.
Vaccination Clinic Schedule:
|Location||Days of Week||Clinic Time|
Bldg 101, Rm 201
|Tuesday (Pfizer)||8:30 - 11:30 a.m.|
|Tuesdays (Pfizer)||8:30 - 11:30 a.m.|
Click these links for the;
- Pfizer COVID Vaccine Emergency Use Authorization (EUA); Pfizer vaccine info;
- Moderna COVID Vaccine Emergency Use Authorization (EUA); Moderna vaccine info;
- Janssen COVID Vaccine Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). Janssen vaccine info
You can schedule, cancel or reschedule a vaccination appointment two ways:
- Contact your care team via MyHealtheVet, or
- Call (503) 273-5100, (Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
See all current visitor restrictions here.
Not enrolled for VA health care?
Call the VA Health Eligibility Center at 1-877-222-VETS (8387). More eligibility information is here.
Need to update your contact info or address with VA? Click HERE.
You will need a VA.gov or MyHealtheVet account to log on - more info is HERE .
You also can let your care team know or call our Enrollment Office at 503-273-5069 to update your contact information.
Where you can get immunizations from the community:
- Oregon vaccination centers: How to find a COVID-19 Vaccine in Oregon (egov.com)
- Washington vaccination centers: Vaccinate WA: Find COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Near You
- VA Portland Health Care System
- 503-273-5100 Ext. For scheduling.
Hours of Operation
Except for planned walk-in clinics, vaccinations are by appointment only.
Go to www.portland.va.gov for all details.