VA Portland Health Care System
Veteran Service Officer Support at VAPORHCS
VA Portland Health Care System (VAPORHCS) partners with organizations to provide accredited Veteran Service Officers (VSO) who can provide support to Veterans at the Portland VA Medical Center and at the Vancouver Campus locations.
Veterans may look up and/or confirm accredited VSOs on this VA web site https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp
Oregon - Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs (ODVA) web site for state, county and national VSOs: https://www.oregon.gov/ODVA/VSODIRECT/pages/locator.aspx
Washington - Washington Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) web site for state, county and national VSOs: http://www.dva.wa.gov/resource-contacts/veteran-service-officers
What an accredited VSO can do:
- Provide free, professional assistance to Veterans and their families in obtaining benefits and services earned through military service and provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and other agencies of government.
- Act as liaisons between Veterans and their families in obtaining benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- VSOs assist Veterans in filing service-connected disability claims with the VA and can represent the interests of Veterans, their families, their widowed spouses, and their orphans in this endeavor.
VSOs at Portland VA Medical Center:
Multnomah County Aging, Disability, and Veterans Services Division
- Scheduled appointments: 9 a.m. – Noon
- Walk-in appointments: 1 – 3:30 p.m.
If there are unforeseen absences, the Multnomah County VSO Program will make every attempt to assign a replacement CVSO to provide services.
Services are unavailable on the last working day of the month due to VA claims deadlines.
Clients who prefer to not wait for walk-in services can schedule an appointment.
Veterans or Family Members can schedule an appointment in one of the following ways:
- Call: (503) 988-8387
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a secure online referral by visiting their website: https://multco.us/veterans-services
Multnomah County VSOs are trained and accredited by the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs to represent Veterans in their claims for benefits. You may familiarize yourself with their services at https://multco.us/veterans-services.
Blinded Veterans Association
A VSO with the Blinded Veterans Association is available for walk-ins and scheduled appointments by request at Portland VA Medical Center in the Chaplain & Social Work Services office in Building 100, Room 3B-100 every Friday from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. All Veterans welcome. Stephen can be reached at email@example.com.
VSOs at the Vancouver Campus:
Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
Accredited Veteran Service Officers (VSOs) are available by appointment only at the Vancouver Campus in Building 15, Room 112B, from 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Phone: (360) 696-4583
page updated: June 24, 2019
Portland VA Medical Center, Bldg., 100, Rm. 3B-100, Chaplain and Social Work Services Office, and Bldg. 101. Rm 121
Vancouver Campus, Bldg. 15, Rm. 112B
Hours of Operation
- hours vary depending on organization and location