VA » Health Care » VA Portland Health Care System » Health Care Services » Public and Congressional Affairs - VAPORHCS
VA Portland Health Care System
Public and Congressional Affairs - VAPORHCS
The VAPORHCS Public & Congressional Affairs Office is responsible for the following;• Oversees all media activities for the health care system, publishes all VAPORHCS press releases, responds to all media inquiries, and maintains the responsibility as the official spokespeople for VAPORHCS.
• Manages VAPORHCS social media sites (Facebook and Twitter) and the VAPORHCS website.
• Produces and distributers the internal E-News employee newsletter and the external Veteran Connection newsletters.
• Maintains relationships with congressional offices and manages any congressional member or elected officials' visits, and responses to congressional inquiries (Note: Veteran-specific inquiries are managed by Office of Veteran Experience/Patient Advocate Office).
• Coordinates and/or provides oversight of outreach activities including special events, VIP and other special visitors and performance groups.
• Reviews and distributes VAPORHCS-produced brochures, pamphlets, posters and other material intended for internal or external audiences.
• Coordinates and collaborates with VAPORHCS departments to promote information about their programs and activities.
For media inquiries, please contact...Chief of Public and Congressional Affairs (Public Affairs Officer)- Daniel Herrigstad
Email - Daniel.Herrigstad@va.gov
Phone - Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (503) 402-2975 or via cell phone at (971) 221-4920 after hours.
Assistant Public Affairs Officer (Vancouver Campus) - Kelli Roesch
Phone - Monday through Friday 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. (360) 759-1935 or via cell phone (503) 381-7161 after hours.
Public and Congressional Affair Office location; Portland VA Medical Center, Bldg. 101, Rm. 120
Bldg 101, Room 120, 3710 SW U.S. Veterans Hospital Rd., Portland, OR 97239
Hours of Operation
Public and Congressional Affairs staff are generally available M-F 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
After hours media contact, please call the PAO cell phone at 971-221-4920