VA Portland Health Care System
Eligibility / Enrollment Services
Welcome to VA Portland Health Care System!
Enrollment services are scheduled at VA Portland Health Care System facilities as listed below.
More details on VA eligibility and enrollment are available here.
Veterans may call the Enrollment Office for more information at (503) 220-8262, ext. 55069; outside Portland area: (800) 949-1004, ext. 55069.
Current Walk-in Enrollment & Patient Transfer hours of operation for the following facilities (as of March 20, 2020);
- Portland VA Medical Center:
- Vancouver Campus: (Bldg. 20, 1st floor to the left as you enter the building)
- Bend Clinic:
- Hillsboro Clinic:
- Salem Clinic
(These offices are closed all federal holidays.)
Walk-in & Phone-in hours:
Mon,Tues-Thrs, Fri: 7:30 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday 9:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
- Processes new applications for VA healthcare benefits (only in person) and determines healthcare eligibility benefits
- Processes healthcare update forms (means tests, financial assessment)
- Processes pre-scheduled hospital admissions
- Processes Veteran Health ID card requests for enrolled Veterans (only in person)
Over the Phone Transfers & General Questions
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
Toll Free: (800) 949-1004, Opt. 3
Please note that new enrollees cannot be enrolled over the phone locally, they must call the VA Health Eligibility Center at: 1-877-222-VETS (8387).
Don’t have a copy of your DD214?
You can request it here: www.archives.gov
Submit form SF-180 via online or through mail:
National Personnel Records
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
This page last updated Jan. 1, 2020.
Portland VA Medical Center
Bend, Hillsboro, and Salem Clinics
- 800-949-1004 Ext. 55069
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.