VA Farms Program Garden Explorers classes for Veterans
A Farms Program Garden Explorers free classes for Veterans.
This is a program within the VA Whole Health Program / Service.
For more information, please contact VA FARMS Program office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-737-1441.
These free classes are held from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.;
- Vancouver VA, Mondays, Veterans Victory Garden,
Bldg. 14/Veterans Museum
- Fairview, Tuesdays, Veterans Community Garden
Park Cleone, 2063 NE 213th Ave., Fairview, OR 97024
- Portland VA, Wednesdays, Veterans Healing Garden
Between Bldg. 100 & 101
- What’s the dirt on my soil?
March 30 (Vancouver)
March 31 (Fairview)
April 1 (Portland)
- What can I plant now? (Seeding)
April 6 (Vancouver)
April 7 (Fairview)
April 8 (Portland)
- Grow your Groceries (Vegetable gardening)
April 13 (Vancouver)
April 14 (Fairview)
April 15 (Portland)
- PNW Native Plants
April 20 (Vancouver)
April 21 (Fairview)
April 22 (Portland)
- What Bugs your Garden (Pest management)
April 27 (Vancouver)
April 28 (Fairview)
April 29 (Portland)
- Bring Nature Inside (Houseplants)
May 4 (Vancouver)
May 5 (Fairview),
May 6 (Portland)
- Catch the Buzz (Pollinators)
May 11 (Vancouver)
May 12 (Fairview)
May 13 (Portland)
- Recycle Mother Nature (Composting)
May 18 (Vancouver)
May 19 (Fairview)
May 20 (Portland)
Free From Falls - program for Veterans living with multiple sclerosis (MS)
||Portland VA Medical Center, Bldg. 101, Room 201
Free From Falls
Falls are quite common among people with multiple sclerosis (MS). But there is something you can do
to reduce your risk and prevent unnecessary injuries that can impact your well-being.
Free From Falls is an 8-week fall prevention program designed specifically for people with MS who are able to walk, but may be at risk for falling.
In just 8 weeks, in a fun and supportive group atmosphere, you will:
- Gain an increased awareness of what can contribute to falls
- Identify strategies you can use to prevent falls
- Engage in balance exercises to improve balance, endurance and mobility
- Increase your confidence to avoid falls and manage falls, if they occur
Join the Free From Falls 8-week educational and exercise series:
Dates: Mondays, February 3 – March 30, 2020
(no February 17 class, sorry the web calendar does not allow skipping a week, but there is no class this date)
Time: 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Portland VA Medical Center, Building 101, Room 201
Location: 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Road, Portland, OR 97239
This program is provided in partnership by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, VA MS Center of Excellence-West and VA Portland Health Care System.
Healthy Kidneys Through Your Kitchen
Are you worried about your kidney function?
Were you diagnosed with kidney disease and unsure what you can do?
Did you know change in eating habits can help control weight, blood press, blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Eating a healthy diet can improve kidney health.
Learn skills including:
· This class is for patients with Chronic Kidney Disease.
· How diet can help your kidneys
· Learn recipes that fit the kidney diet
Bldg. 101, Room 109
Last Monday of the month
Jan, April, July, Oct
Ask your dietitian or call (503) 273-5112 to register