VetRide.net Travel Portal
New tool facilitates safe and reliable transportation within 20 miles of Portland VA Medical Center via smart phone or computer.
What is VetRide.net?
VetRide is a web-based platform created to manage Veteran's trip requests to and from VAPORHCS facilities. The platform allows Veterans to register for VetRide.net services, request a ride for their appointment, and receive notifications about the status of their rides. This mobile-friendly platform enables Veterans to operate their account from their desktop or smart devices.
How it works...
1. REQUEST - Go to VetRide.net on any computer or smart mobile device, register with a valid e-mail address, fillout a ride request form.
2. CONFIRM - A local mobility manager will verify the VA appointment and schedule the Veteran for a transportation appointment.
3. GO - Once the transportation appointment is confirmed, the Veteran will be notified a day in advance of their scheduled pick up/return time by phone, text or email. Throughout he entire process the trip status can be viewed on the dashboard of VetRide.net.
Who can use VetRide.net ?
Veterans who are eligible for VA health care benefits and have a VA-authorized appointment are automatically eligible for transportation through the Veteran Transportation Services (VTS) within the local service area (currently 20 miles of the Portland VA Medical Center).
- Must be a Veteran.
- Must have a valid email address.
- Must be enrolled in VA health care or authorized for care via the Choice or other non-VA care program.
- Rerservations must be made 3 days in advance but future appointments can be made at anytime.
- A Veteran may be accompanied by one caregover, spouse or family member at no charge.
Why use VetRide.net ?
- VetRide.net speeds up the process of requesting and confirming transportation for eligible Veterans.
- Within the VetRide.net system, Veterans can see all of their past and future appointments from their computer or smart phone.
- Passengers receive alerts via phone message or text when their driver is 10 minutes away from picking them up and before their ride back home.
Events & Classes
Mindfulness Skills for Living Well - Drop in Group
Jun 20, 2018 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (PST)
Portland VA Medical Center - Bldg. 104 (meet in waiting area)
Self-Compassion Health Break (Mindfulness)
Jun 20, 2018 12:15 PM - 12:45 PM (PST)
Vancouver Campus– Bldg. 11, SATP clinic F143
Yoga for Veterans - West Linn Clinic
Jun 20, 2018 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM (PST)
West Linn Clinic