VA Portland Health Care System
Volunteer or Donate
VA Portland Health Care System depends on the goodwill of our benefactors and volunteers who wish to give something back to America's heroes.
Volunteers provide many important functions throughout the Medical Center and help make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Volunteers can perform a number of services, and a volunteer's talents are closely matched with one of our many assignments.
To volunteer, call or visit the VAPORHCS Voluntary Service Office. We will be happy to receive your application or discuss how you can help us in our mission to provide comfort and care to America's Veterans.
Cash donations are used for the comfort and welfare of our Veteran patients, including —
- hygiene products
- recreational activities and/or supplies
- Heart pillows for patients who have open heart surgery
- Neck pillows
- Bus tickets
Non-cash contributions are used to make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Items which are accepted include —
- Books (please, no more than 60 books per donation)
- Pre-packaged food items: cheese and/or peanut butter cracker sandwhiches, granola bars, breakfast bars, sack size nuts or granola, cup-o-noodle ramen, instant mac & cheese, juice boxes
- New packaged socks
- New sweats / t-shirts up to size 4XL
- Emergency rain ponchos
- Men's new sweat shirts sizes medium up to 4XL
- Men's new boxers/brief in all sizes up to 42
- Men's long underwear in various sizes
- Laprobes / blankets
- Colloring books/small boxes of crayons
To make a cash or non-cash contribution, please contact the VAPORHCS Voluntary Service.
Voluntary Service Office
Building 101, ground floor, room 115
Portland: (503) 273-5042
Vancouver: (360) 690-1842
Outside Portland/Vancouver Metro Area: (800) 949-1004, ext. 55042