VA Portland Health Care System
We've listed some of the ways you can volunteer below. However, if you have special skills to offer, please call us so we can discuss how you can best use your talents to help our Veterans.
- Volunteer Van Drivers
- Help pick-up outpatients receiving chemotherapy, dialysis, radiation therapy, and other outpatient appointments. To fill this role, you must have a current drivers license and automobile insurance and pass a physical exam. Hours: 7 a.m. to noon, or noon to 5 p.m.
- Guest Shuttle Drivers (Vancouver Campus)
- Help outpatients in our large parking areas with access to the Vancouver Campus. To fill this role, you must have a current driver's license. Hours: 8 a.m. to noon, or noon to 3:30 p.m.
- Office Assistant Volunteer
- Help different medical or administrative offices in the medical center. Duties include filing, answering phones, and greeting and directing patients. Hours: 8 a.m. to noon, or noon to 4 p.m.