VA Portland Health Care System
The VA MISSION Act is now in effect!
The MISSION Act is now implemented across the VA as of June 6, 2019
The MISSION Act is an acronym for “VA Maintaining Internal Systems and Strengthening Integrated Outside Networks." Signed into law June 6, 2018, it fundamentally transforms VA's health care system to help Veterans live a healthy and fulfilling life.
The VA MISSION Act includes:
• Streamlining and Improving Community Care,
• Establishing a new Urgent Care benefit,
• Expanding Caregivers Eligibility,
• Strengthening VA’s Workforce,
• and Strengthening VA’s Infrastructure.
MISSION Act Resources;MISSION ACT Hotline (503) 220-8262, option 6, or (844) 698-2311 option 1 for MISSION Act for information on the following topics. To speak to a representative, select and listen to the entire message and then press "0" to be connected;
- (1) Health Care Eligibility
- (2) Care in the Community Eligibility
- (3) Urgent and Walk-in Care Information
- (4) Copayment and Insurance Information
- (5) Complaint and Appeals Process
VA Portland Health Care System Community Care Team - (360) 759-1674); for Veterans to talk to a VA Portland staff member about their active non-VA care coordination status or any issues or concerns.
Web resource for Veterans = www.missionact.va.gov
12-page booklet - "Health Care Options Through VA,", June 2019 (MISSION Act and other resources)
Community Care Fact Sheets (VA Office of Community Care)
- General information
- Urgent Care
- Billing and Payment
- Getting Appointments