VA Portland Health Care System
Current Operating Status
As of Thursday, July 22, 2021 12:59 PM PDT
Masks are required in all VA Portland facilities. VISITATION is limited at ALL VAPORHCS facilities; no one under 12 allowed. Please read for more detail. Screening is in process at all facilities.
Visitation is limited due to COVID-19. This is to ensure Veteran, visitor, and staff safety.
Visitor restrictions and screening at entrances are in effect at ALL VA Portland facilities.
Help us limit the spread of COVID-19, the flu, and other illnesses to our Veterans and your loved ones.
Paper masks are required to be worn by all patients, caregivers, escorts and staff while on VA Portland facility property. VA Portland will provide approved masks. Homemade or other cloth masks are not allowed in VAPORHCS facilities except for staff ONLY when arriving and when leaving work at end of the day.
VA Portland Health Care System operations are adapting due to the emergence of the COVID-19 virus in our community to maintain a healthy environment for our Veterans, family members, and staff.
The following visitation safeguards are currently in place:
All visitors must agree to the following;
• No more than one visitor at a time, age 12 or older, per inpatient or outpatient; exceptions are allowed for essential companions and key clinical needs such as end of life (please discuss with the patient's care team).
• In-patient visitors are allowed between 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
• No visitors for Veterans who are COVID positive or COVID suspect.
• No visitors for Veterans who are admitted to 5C.
• Emergency Department is closed to visitors; only essential companions are permitted. Exceptions may apply in individual circumstances (please talk to the ED staff or call in advance at 503-721-7803).
• COVID symptom screening & temperature checks required on entry. If screening is not available in the lobby, go to the unit and ask for the charge nurse.
• The Vancouver Community Living Center (CLC) (503-220-8262 Ext. 34608) and Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (RRTP) (503-220-8262 Ext. 33621) have separate visitor policies.
Do not visit if you have any of the following;
• Fever (> 100◦), new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, muscle or body aches, loss of taste or smell, unexplained or new diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting.
• Have tested positive for COVID in the past 14 days
• Have had close contact with anyone known to have COVID
• Wear only approved paper masks or those provided by VA Portland.
• Mask must be worn even when in the patient’s room.
• The mask must cover nose and mouth.
• No face shields. No cloth masks.
While in the Patient’s Room;
• Stay in the patient’s room. Do not go in & out.
• Use patient call light for all questions.
• Do not eat in room. Do not bring food to patient.
• Do not use patient bathroom. Use call light to ask for location of visitor bathroom.
General Visiting Information;
• Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. No overnight stays.
• Limit the length of your visit so your Veteran can rest.
• You may be asked to go wait in an assigned room while staff are present for patient care.
Please understand, the selected visitor may be asked to leave when...
1. Visitor is unable to follow the rules.
2. Due to patient condition.
3. More than one visitor is in a hospital room. In shared rooms, only one Veteran can have their selected visitor at a time.
4. The unit cannot maintain 6-foot distancing.
Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe!
Additional policies restricting visitors may be put in place on certain specialty units or as conditions warrant.
Veterans - call VA Portland at 503-220-8262, option 2 to relay a message to your Primary or Specialty Care team or to make change or cancel an appointment.
- Please check VAPORHCS “Current Operating Status” web page for updates as changes to visitation restrictions are likely to occur.
- Sin up to receive updates on the VAPORHCS main web page under “CONNECT WITH VA PORTLAND HEALTH CARE SYSTEM”
If you have any questions about your appointment...
...please contact your provider; 503-220-8262, option 2 to make change or cancel an appointment or relay a message to your Primary or Specialty Care team.
DO NOT CALL VA Portland about scheduling your COVID vaccination (see main web page for COVID vaccination details).
The VAPORHCS Alert Line provides up-to-date information on the operating status of the VAPORHCS' 12 sites of care.
Call 24/7 for a recorded message at (503) 721-1458 or (503) 220-8262 ext. 51458, Outside Portland Area (800) 949-1004 ext. 51458.
If you would like to receive automated updates via email, please sign up with your email address on the main VAPORHCS web page under "CONNECT WITH VA PORTLAND HEALTH CARE SYSTEM."
|VA Portland Health Care System||Normal Hours|
|Portland VA Medical Center (PVAMC)||Normal Hours|
|Vancouver Campus||Normal Hours|
|Center for Women Veterans Health||Normal Hours|
|Community Resource and Referral Center (CRRC)||Normal Hours|
|Fairview Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Lincoln City Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Loren R. Kaufman VA Clinic (The Dalles)||Normal Hours|
|North Coast||Normal Hours|
|West Linn||Normal Hours|
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 503-220-8262, option 0, (VA Call Center)
- Change Your Appointment: 503-220-8262, option 2
- Media Inquiries: 503-402-2975
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 503-220-8262, Press 0 for assistance
- Pharmacy Refill: 503-273-5201
- Staff Locator: 503-220-8262, Press 0 for assistance
- Telephone Care: 503-220-8262 (VAPORHCS Main Number)
- VA Police: 503-808-1911
- Eligibility / Enrollment Services: 503-273-5069