NAMI Veteran Only Peer to Peer (P2P) Course
Are you a Veteran living with a mental health challenge?
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Veteran Only Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Course is coming soon!
• FREE recovery/wellness education course and materials
• Open to Veterans of all eras experiencing a mental health challenge
• Two hours each week for eight weeks
• Taught by trained NAMI peer leaders
Topics include . . .
• PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, Schizophrenia and more . . .
• Basics of brain biology and medications
• Identifying and writing individual goals
• Assessing, building social and support systems
• Early warning signs related to stressful events
Thursdays, April 18 through June 6, 2019 - 3 - 5 p.m. Classes will be held at the Portland VA Medical Center. Registration Required: call NAMI Multnomah at (503) 228-5692.
Room location of class to be provided when you register
P2P is an introduction on mental health recovery/wellness providing coping skills and information. Participants will share the wisdom of their lived experiences; receive and give support in a safe and confidential setting. Recovery/wellness is a journey.
Whether you are at the start of your journey or have had years of experience, you can benefit from this course.