Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and for the safety of our Veterans and hospital staff, VAPORHCS is minimizing all unnecessary foot traffic in all patient care areas across our health care system, to include our pharmacy service areas. We are still providing these services, just a little differently. Please read below about how you can still get all your VA pharmaceutical needs met in a safe a timely manner. Thank you for letting us serve you!
Friday, April 10, 2020
Important Update - Effective April 13, 2020, until further notice
Only curb-side pick-up will be available at Portland VA Medical Center & Vancouver VA Campus.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and for the safety of our Veterans and hospital staff, VAPORHCS is minimizing all unnecessary foot traffic in-patient care areas including the Outpatient Pharmacies in Portland and Vancouver.
The Outpatient Pharmacies in Portland and Vancouver will NO longer refill prescriptions for pick up at the window.
For urgent refills like antibiotics or pain medications, the VA Portland Medical Center is now opening an outside curbside pick-up station.
Pharmacy Curbside Pick Up Hours at PVAMC and Vancouer Campus: Monday to Friday : 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
PVAMC Curbside Service Process:
1. Drive up to Bldg. 103 "Primary Care" entrance and park in the marked "Pharmacy Pick Up" spots on US Veterans Hospital Rd.
2. Walk into the marked "Primary Care" entrance and go to the new pharmacy window.
3. Talk to pharmacist at the window and then return to your car; there is limited seating available for Veterans using public transit or who are on foot.
4. Prescriptions will be delivered to Veterans' vehicles or to those Veterans waiting in the lobby area.
Portland outpatient pharmacy phone number for those with questions: 503-220-8262, Ext. 55559
Vancouver Camous Curbside Service Process:
1. Drive up to the Bldg 11 main entrance area and park in the marked "Pharmacy Pick Up" near the flag pole.
2. Call the Vancouver outpatient pharmacy phone number at 503-220-8262, 33522; if you do not have a phone, go into Bldg 11 and one is available in the lobby; dial ext. 33522
3. Talk to pharmacist and then return to your car; there is limited seating available for Veterans using public transit or who are on foot.
4. Prescriptions will be delived to Veterans' vehicles or to those Veterans waiting in the lobby area.
VAPORHCS is asking that instead of visiting the Pharmacy in person, that all medication refill requests made by one of the methods below.
Medications will be delivered by our Consolidated Mail Order Pharmacy (CMOP) within 10-14 days.
Refill by Phone Refill System
- Call 1-888-400-8387 ( Toll-free) or 503-273-5201 (Portland area)
- This is the pharmacy automated refill line. You will not be talking to a live person. It is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- After the prompt, enter your FULL Social Security Number then press pound (#), which is below the 9 key on your touchtone phone keypad.
- Press 2 to go to the pharmacy menu.
- Press 1 to refill a prescription.
- Enter the prescription number followed by pound (#).NOTE: Only enter the numbers. If your prescription number has a LETTER after it, do not enter any letters. Some controlled substance medications, including narcotics for pain, cannot be ordered via the phone refill system. You may need to contact your primary care team directly.
- The prescription number is above your name on your refill slip or your medicine bottle.
Refill by the Internet
Online pharmacy refill services are available to Veterans receiving care at an authorized facility who have registered to use MyHealtheVet.
Don't have an account? More information is HERE.
Using MyHealtheVet will also allow you to check the status of your refills, track your package, and access drug information about your medication.
Refill by Mail
A paper refill slip is sent with each of our prescriptions. You can submit it by mailing the refill slip to the VA Pharmacy.
General Refill Ordering Information
Refills can be requested early and they can be mailed to you when due.
Refill are NOT automatically sent. You must request a refill before it will be mailed to you
More information can be found on the VAPORHCS Pharmacy Service webpage