VA Portland Health Care System
MyHealtheVet - get your account today
MyHealtheVet: Talk to your healthcare team
My HealtheVet (www.myhealth.va.gov) is a secure website that gives you access anywhere at any time to VA services will help you take a more active part in your care.
If you get care at a VA facility and have internet access, you can instantly order refills of your active VA prescriptions.
Want more options? Register for a premium account (this requires a visit to one of our two locations).
With a premium account you can:
■ View/print/download most of your VA health record (lab results and progress notes)
■ Send and receive encrypted communications to and from your VA health care teams
VAPORHCS has two locations to serve you with MHV specialists!
Portland: Bldg. 101, Room 121 (next to Release of Information and Patient Advocate offices), or PortlandMHV@va.gov
(503) 220-8262, ext. 57854 or (800) 949-1004, ext. 57854
My HealtheVet computers for patient use in the Portland VA Medical Center, Medical Library, Bldg. 101, Room 202.
Vancouver: Bldg. 15, 2nd floor, room 230C, PortlandMHV@va.gov
(360) 696-4061, ext. 33309
My HealtheVet computers for patient use in the Vancouver My HealtheVet Office.
National MHV hotline: (877) 327-0022
Other helpful web sites:
Managing Your Prescription Refills Online
Seeking an easier way to refill your VA prescriptions? Want help with keeping your medicines organized? Use My HealtheVet to keep your prescriptions straight. My HealtheVet online prescription tools make it easier to manage your medicines. Members registered in My HealtheVet are able to:
Refill VA Prescriptions (Rx) - The Rx Refill feature allows My HealtheVet members registered as VA Patients to refill VA prescriptions online. You may also view a list of your past VA prescribed medications. To use Rx Refill, you need a prescription written by a VA doctor that has previously been filled at a VA pharmacy.
Track Delivery of VA Prescriptions - This feature allows you to track delivery of a VA prescription mailed in the last 30 days. You will know when your prescription package should arrive. Track Delivery also allows you to view details about tracking information for each prescription.
Get VA Prescription Shipment Notifications - You may choose to get email notifications to let you know when to expect delivery of your prescriptions.
Create Medication Lists - This tool allows you to keep track of all of your medications, including over the counter medicines and herbals/supplements.
If you have an Advanced or Premium My HealtheVet account, you can use the Track Delivery and Rx Refill features and create medication lists. A Premium account gives members the highest level of access to My HealtheVet features. To get an upgraded Premium account, you will need to complete, and sign VA Release of Information Form(10-5345a-MHV) (PDF). This is done before allowing you access to your VA Health record. A Premium account gives My HealtheVet members the highest level of access to My HealtheVet features. Learn more about upgrading your My HealtheVet account through Upgrading to a Premium My HealtheVet Account.
If you do not have a My HealtheVet account, take time and Register Today. Do not forget to opt-in to receive VA Prescription Shipment Notifications.
Access convenient Rx tools under the Pharmacy tab in My HealtheVet after you log in.
Keeping Up with Your VA Appointments
My HealtheVet can help Veterans view upcoming appointments, schedule or request new appointments, cancel appointments, and join video visits.
Who Can Use My HealtheVet Appointment Tools?
- Veterans can use VAOS for any VA facility where you are enrolled or have previously been seen. Apply for VA health benefits.
- Veterans must have one of the following to log in to VAOS:
- View upcoming appointments and video visits
- Cancel appointments
- Join video visits. Learn more.
- Self-schedule appointments for the following types of care
- Request appointments and video visits
- Add non-VA appointments to the Health Calendar
- Look up past appointments (from last 2 years)
- ID.me Account
- DS Logon Level II Account
Use Your My HealtheVet Premium Account to:
- Primary Care
- Mental Health (For established patients only)
How to Schedule a VA Health Appointment
- Phone: You can call the VA health facility (for VAPORHCS, 503-220-8262, option 2) where you want to receive care to make an appointment. Find your VA health facility's phone number.
- Online: If you have a My HealtheVet Premium account, you may be able to schedule or cancel some types of appointments online. Access to online scheduling varies by facility, date of last appointment, and type of appointment.
Do you want to give an update on your current health condition? Do you want to ask for a renewal of your medicine? Use My HealtheVet Secure Messaging to communicate online with your VA health care team. Secure Messaging is a safe and secure web-based messaging service. Secure Messaging allows you to:
- Ask non-urgent, non-emergencyhealth related questions
- Update your VA health care team on your health condition
- Request VA referrals and medication renewals
- Manage your VA appointments
- Ask routine administrative questions
Similar to email, Secure Messaging allows you to write a message, save drafts, review your sent messages and maintain a record of your conversations. You communicate online with your VA health care team member who has chosen to participate in Secure Messaging. You can also set your preferences to notify your personal email when a Secure Message is waiting for you in your My HealtheVet inbox.
You may send a non-urgent, non-emergency message at any time. Your VA health care team should respond to your message(s) within 3 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm (business days do not include after hours, weekends, or federal holidays).
To use the Secure Messaging feature, you must have registered on My HealtheVet as a VA Patient and have a Premium account. A Premium account can be obtained by a My HealtheVet member who has an Advanced account. To get an upgraded Premium account, you will need to complete and sign VA Release of Information Form (10-5345a-MHV) (PDF). This is done before allowing you access to your VA health record. A Premium account gives My HealtheVet members the highest level of access to My HealtheVet features. Learn more about upgrading your My HealtheVet account through Upgrading to a Premium My HealtheVet Account.
If you do not have a My HealtheVet account, take time and Register Today! Do not forget to opt-in to receive email notifications for Secure Messaging.
Access this convenient tool under the Secure Messaging tab in My HealtheVet after you log in.
Manage Your Health Records
Forgot the name of a prescription medicine? Can't remember the date of a surgery? Use My HealtheVet to access your VA medical records and organize your personal health information. Members registered in My HealtheVet are able to manage their health by using My HealtheVet's Blue Button feature to customize a report or access their VA Health Summary. The VA Blue Button feature helps you better manage your health care needs and communicate with your health care team. With the VA Blue Button feature, you can:
- Customize and download a report (as a PDF or text file) to share with your VA and non-VA providers
- Print a report or summary to take a copy to your next appointment
- Send an electronic version of your self-entered information in Secure Message to your VA health care team
- Build your Personal Health Record (PHR) by self-entering your personal information or data that you have tracked
Start building your PHR by self-entering your personal information, such as your health history, emergency contacts and medications. You can monitor your vital signs and use the journals to track your diet and physical activity. Even if you are not a Veteran, you can take advantage of this convenient way to organize your information.
If you are a Veteran who receives care from VA, you can access your VA medical records and create a customized report that can also include your self-entered data. Many Veterans can also include a copy of their military service information from the Department of Defense (DoD).
A number of smartphone apps are also available through a variety of non-VA sources. While VA does not endorse specific apps, there are now creative, secure and easy-to-use ways of viewing Blue Button data. Search for Blue Button in your smartphone apps library to learn more.
The VA Health Summary:
- Is a Continuity of Care Document (CCD) that contains specific information
- Provides a summaryof your health information that can be used to review your medical record and to share essential information with all of your health care providers
- Allows health information that is in one health care system to be electronically exchanged with another health care system that is providing care
You can get your VA Health Summary information in two file formats: An easy to read and print PDF and an XML format that can be read by computer systems.
To use the VA Blue Button feature and access the VA Health Summary, you must be registered on My HealtheVet as a VA Patient and have a Premiumaccount. A Premium account can be obtained by a My HealtheVet member who has an Advanced account. To get an upgraded Premium account, you will need to complete and sign VA Release of Information Form (10-5345a-MHV) (PDF). This is done before allowing you access to your VA health record. A Premium account gives My HealtheVet members the highest level of access to My HealtheVet features. Learn more about upgrading your My HealtheVet account through Upgrading to a Premium My HealtheVet Account.
If you do not have a My HealtheVet account, take time and Register today.
Look for the VA Blue Button icon on the My HealtheVet home page after you log in to customize a report or health summary.