VA Portland Health Care System
Veterans: Get your flu shot now!
Friday, September 13, 2019
Veterans: Get Your Flu Shot Now!
You have lots of ways to get a flu shot
1. In Portland, visit the PVAMC Atrium Walk-in Clinic.
Monday –Thursday, except holidays
Portland VA Medical Center Atrium, Bldg. 100
9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. September 23 until November 21, 2019
2. Ask for a flu shot during your visit today.
3. Visit the VA clinic in the community where you get your care.
Monday – Friday, except holidays
Walk in during open clinic hours
You may be asked to wait 15-20 minutes
Can’t do it today or at a VA clinic?
4. Visit your local Walgreens Pharmacy.
No-cost regular flu shots for Veterans until March 31, 2020
Show your Veteran’s ID card and a second photo ID.
Click HERE to download/print a flyer with all these details for YOU to share.
VaccinationVaccination is the surest way to protect against getting the flu. Get your flu shot every year to protect yourself and help keep the flu from spreading to others.
Who should get a flu shot?
- Everyone age 6 months and older who wants to reduce the risk of getting sick should get a flu shot.
- Click HERE for a fact sheet.
- Those more at risk of illness and complications from the flu include:
People age 65 and older
People with health problems such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, chronic lung disease and other chronic illnesses or conditions
Caregivers of infants or family members with health problems
Health Care Personnel (HCP)
Why do I need a flu shot every year?
- Flu viruses can change over time, so every year the flu shot vaccine is updated to protect against the flu viruses most likely to spread that year.
- The viruses may change after the flu shot is made. Even if this happens, you will still get some protection from the flu shot.