VA Portland Health Care System
Bend Clinic Expands to Serve Veterans
The Bend Veterans Affairs Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) held a Grand Opening on Jan. 30, 2013 to officially re-open the facility at the new expanded 25,000 square-foot facility at 2650 Northeast Courtney Drive, located directly across the street from the previous location. More than 175 people attended the event including Veterans, Congressional staff, community members, and VA staff.
The expanded facility offers additional services to support the 6,500-plus Central Oregon area Veterans the facility serves.
New / Expanded Services include:
The Bend CBOC is LEED Gold Equivalent!
• Audiology and Physical Therapy
• Eye Care is expanded
• Podiatry and Dermatology are expanded
• Increased Clinical Pharmacy presence, including resident pharmacist
• Tele-health is expanded, video conferencing or video appointments for Veterans include compensation & pension, rural mental health, Cardiology, Move program, PTSD counseling, speech and pathology, & nutrition
• Homelessness Housing Voucher Program (HUD/VASH)
• Urology, Orthopedic, Sleep Studies, and a Hand Clinic
“We are extremely thrilled to get in our new facility – we think this expansion will really help provide our Veterans the care they need right here, reduce the need to travel, and improve the health care experience of those we serve,” said John Shea, Bend Clinic Manager.