VA Portland Health Care System
Current Operating Status
As of Monday, August 16, 2021 9:57 AM PDT
Masks are required in all VA Portland facilities.
No visitors are allowed at ALL VA Portland facilities due to COVID-19 with very limited exceptions.
This is to ensure Veteran, visitor, and staff safety.
Help us limit the spread of COVID-19, the flu, and other illnesses to our Veterans and your loved ones. Please read for more detail. Screening is in process at all facilities.
Paper masks are required to be worn by all patients, caregivers, escorts and staff while on VA Portland facility property. VA Portland will provide approved masks. Homemade or other cloth masks are not allowed in VAPORHCS facilities except for staff ONLY when arriving and when leaving work at end of the day.
VA Portland Health Care System operations are adapting due to the emergence of the COVID-19 virus in our community to maintain a healthy environment for our Veterans, family members, and staff.
The following visitation safeguards are currently in place...
No visitors are allowed at this time.
For COVID-19 negative patients on the Medical/Surgical Units or Critical Care Unit, no visitors allowed at this time with the following exceptions (please discuss with the Veteran's care team):
• For end-of-life situations
• Other important situations as determined by the clinical team such as discharge training/preparation, specific patient assessments, family care planning, specific therapeutic companions.
For COVID-19 positive patients on the Medical/Surgical Units or Critical Care Unit, no visitors allowed at this time with the exception of end-of-life situations (please discuss with the Veteran's care team).
No visitors are allowed at this time. Only one essential companion is allowed to accompany a patient in the Emergency Department.
Acute Inpatient Psych Unit (5C);
No visitors allowed at this time with very limited exceptions (please discuss with the Veteran's care team).
For Veterans in the CLC and RRTP, please contact the respective care teams to discuss;
• Vancouver Community Living Center (CLC) (503-220-8262 Ext. 34608)
• Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (RRTP) (503-220-8262 Ext. 33621)
Do not visit if you have any of the following;
• Fever (> 100◦), new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, muscle or body aches, loss of taste or smell, unexplained or new diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting.
• Have tested positive for COVID in the past 14 days
• Have had close contact with anyone known to have COVID
What should I do if I think I have symptoms of COVID-19? (click for details)
Patient and approved visitor requirements;
Wear only approved paper masks or those provided by VA Portland.
• Mask must be worn even when in the patient’s room.
• The mask must cover nose and mouth.
• No face shields. No cloth masks.
While in the Patient’s Room;
• Stay in the patient’s room. Do not go in & out.
• Use patient call light for all questions.
• Do not eat in room. Do not bring food to patient.
• Do not use patient bathroom. Use call light to ask for location of visitor bathroom.
Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe!
Additional policies restricting visitors may be put in place on certain specialty units or as conditions warrant.
Veterans - call VA Portland at 503-220-8262, option 2 to relay a message to your Primary or Specialty Care team or to make change or cancel an appointment.
- Please check VAPORHCS “Current Operating Status” web page for updates as changes to visitation restrictions are likely to occur.
- Sin up to receive updates on the VAPORHCS main web page under “CONNECT WITH VA PORTLAND HEALTH CARE SYSTEM”
If you have any questions about your appointment...
...please contact your provider; 503-220-8262, option 2 to make change or cancel an appointment or relay a message to your Primary or Specialty Care team.
DO NOT CALL VA Portland about scheduling your COVID vaccination (see web page for COVID vaccination details).
The VAPORHCS Alert Line provides up-to-date information on the operating status of the VAPORHCS' 12 sites of care.
Call 24/7 for a recorded message at (503) 721-1458 or (503) 220-8262 ext. 51458, Outside Portland Area (800) 949-1004 ext. 51458.
If you would like to receive automated updates via email, please sign up with your email address on the main VAPORHCS web page under "CONNECT WITH VA PORTLAND HEALTH CARE SYSTEM."
|VA Portland Health Care System||Normal Hours|
|Portland VA Medical Center (PVAMC)||Normal Hours|
|Vancouver Campus||Normal Hours|
|Center for Women Veterans Health||Normal Hours|
|Community Resource and Referral Center (CRRC)||Normal Hours|
|Fairview Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Lincoln City Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Loren R. Kaufman VA Clinic (The Dalles)||Normal Hours|
|North Coast||Normal Hours|
|West Linn||Normal Hours|
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 503-220-8262, option 0, (VA Call Center)
- Change Your Appointment: 503-220-8262, option 2
- Media Inquiries: 503-402-2975
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 503-220-8262, Press 0 for assistance
- Pharmacy Refill: 503-273-5201
- Staff Locator: 503-220-8262, Press 0 for assistance
- Telephone Care: 503-220-8262 (VAPORHCS Main Number)
- VA Police: 503-808-1911
- Eligibility / Enrollment Services: 503-273-5069