MOVE! Weight Management and Lifestyle Program
MOVE! is a national weight management program designed by the VA National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (NCP), a part of the Office of Patient Care Services, to help veterans lose weight, keep it off, and improve their health.
Features of the Portland VAMC MOVE! Program
- Emphasis on health and wellness through nutrition and physical activity behavior change.
- Lifetime and lifestyle focus.
- Individual tailoring to meet the patient’s needs.
- Regular follow-up and health coaching support.
The MOVE! Program is designed for veterans enrolled in the VA healthcare system who want assistance with managing their weight. Typically, the program is offered to veterans who are overweight or obese with BMI above 30. Compute your BMI using the BMI Calculator!
How to Enroll in Portland MOVE!
Complete the MOVE! 23 Questionnaire, print the Patient Report, and send us the participant retrieval code. The report has a code at the top of the first page. This code allows your VA healthcare team to have access to your answers to the MOVE! 23 Questionnaire.
- Call us with your retrieval code at 503-220-3482 or if you live outside the Portland area 1-800-949-1004, ext. 53482.
Who should NOT participate in MOVE!
Veterans with active:
- End stage COPD or congestive heart failure
- End stage neurological disorder
- Long term care facility residents
- End stage renal disease
- Moderate to severe cognitive impairment
- Active psychosis or substance abuse
- AIDS, anorexia or anyone else for whom weight loss is contraindicated
Want to know more about Portland VAMC MOVE!?
Watch this 18-minute video for more information.
(This link will take you away from the Portland VA Medical website).
Program Contact Information
Call: 503-220-3482 or 1-800-949-1004 ext. 53482