Clinical Psychology Training Programs - Greetings from the Director
Welcome to the Portland VAMC Predoctoral Psychology Internship and Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowship Programs. We hope our website answers questions you might have about our application process.
The Training Committee evaluates internship applications, and the respective lead supervisors evaluate fellowship applications. We assess your experience, your ability to prosper in our programs, and the congruence between your training goals and the experiences we offer.
To apply to the internship program (APPIC Match #152711):
* Links will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites. The link will open in a new window.
- Complete the online AAPI application (www.appic.org*), including your transcripts, CV, and three Letters of Recommendation
- Submit a PVAMC-specific Statement of interest as your cover letter in the online AAPI (see internship brochure for details)
To apply to the fellowship program, mail the following in one envelope:
- Letter of Intent (see fellowship brochure for details)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three Professional Letters of Recommendation (signed across the seal, and at least one from an internship supervisor)
- DCT Letter verifying completion of all graduation requirements by fellowship start date
- Graduate School Transcript(s) (photocopies are OK)
- A letter from your Director of Training confirming you will meet all graduation requirements, including dissertation completion, before the September start date
We appreciate the fact that this is a hectic time for you. If we can be of any help during this process, please call or e-mail us with your questions.
Thank you for your interest in the Portland VAMC. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Elizabeth Goy, PhD, Director of Training
Director of Psychology Fellowships
Phone: (503) 220-8262, ext. 57470